Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kensington's Cider Mill

The first year that we were married, Andrew and I lived in Michigan. Cider Mills are a huge deal up there and we frequented them almost every weekend. At a cider mill, they make fresh cider and you drink it along with a hot donut. It's simply fabulous. Every time September rolls around, we think back to our days in Detroit and the cider mills. This year, for Kensington's second birthday party, we decided to host our own cider mill.

Welcome to Kensington's Cider Mill




My dear friend Andrea at Slightly Askew Designs created the invites, banner and food tags. Contact her for your next party...she's fabulous!


The favors for all of the girls were Apple Strudel Circle E Candles (of course!).



And the boys got to take home apple butter


All of the food and drinks had little name tags stuck into apples.



The best part of the party...her WONDERFUL birthday cake. It was spice cake with English buttercream. I thought it was beautiful and delicious.


Isn't it pretty?


All cider mills have donuts. Cider and donuts are a classic combo in Michigan.


Applesauce, of course!








Papa Jay and Kensington


Most of the food out on the table


Posing a two year old is so tricky.



Posing two is impossible. (This is Landry.)



Opening presents





Everyone is singing Happy Birthday to Kensington (and Snow White).


Diving into her birthday cake



Doesn't it look divine? Look at all of the buttercream on the inside!


Thank you Kara and Landry for celebrating with us!


And just for kicks, look who has decided to pull up and stand?




Just as a sidebar to these pictures, I was sitting here blogging when I heard all of this racket going on in the other room. I went in there and saw Kensington banging on Smith's door (who is asleep napping), saying "where are you Smith, I miss you" over and over again. That just melted my heart. (Another sidebar, her daddy was suppose to be keeping an eye on her while I blogged these pictures but instead he was so wrapped up in the Cowboy game that he didn't notice her banging on the sleeping child's door.)



Photobucket

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

What an adorable party! Happy birthday, Kensington!

P.S. Your longing for the onset of fall -- while wearing tank tops and shorts -- totally cracks me up. Well I remember the Indian summers of Oklahoma and Texas! :)

Sheaffer, Chris, Scout, and baby Carter said...

The cake was GORGEOUS, the food looked yummy, and the favors were AMAZING. Good job Mama! :)

The New Family said...

Everything is adorable!! So glad that y'all had a great time!

Hilary said...

What a great birthday party, Shay! I love fall and cider so this was wonderful. I am curious where did you get the Louisburg cider? I used to drive through Louisburg, KS on the way to Baker. If I had enough time I would stop for some cider. Oh how I miss that cider mill. Thanks for sharing Kensington's special day.

Keri said...

That cake looks delicious! I actually live about 20 minutes from the Louisburg Cider Mill! We make a trip every Fall for donuts and cider.

Lauren said...

What an adorable party!! I LOVE the fall theme, the cake, the apples...everything! NIce job! Kensington is so stinkin cute, I can't believe she's two!!

The Gleasons said...

Cute, cute party! :)

Where did the cake come from?? It looks fabulous!

Hills said...

What a beautiful birthday party! Kensington looked like she was having so much fun. Smith is too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...